Moderadores: OMA, pamplina, David, Timmy
Autor Mensaje
linchao
mar 14 may 2019, 07:54
Miembro registrado #2740
Unido: lun 26 nov 2018, 12:59
FOXBOROUGH Shaq Mason Color Rush Jersey , Mass. (AP) — Vikings receiver Adam Thielen was so revved up about some potential Patriots skullduggery during the fourth quarter that an official had to hold him back from New England coach Bill Belichick on the sideline.But after the game, Thielen walked back his behavior and took responsibility for the kerfuffle, which ended with Belichick shouting some nasty words at him as he was steered away by down judge Jerod Phillips.“I’ve got to keep my cool,” Thielen said in the Minnesota locker room after the 24-10 loss to the Patriots. “I’ve got a lot of respect for him and what he’s done. I can’t lose it like that, but I just thought it was interesting timing for a guy to go down where there was a close play that could have been reviewed.”At issue: Whether New England safety Patrick Chung faked an injury to give his coaches more time to see whether a fourth-down spot should be reviewed. Belichick did throw the challenge flag, but the spot and call of a first down was held up on review.“I just thought the play was cheap. I let the emotions get the best of me,” Thielen said. “It’s not cheating. There’s no rule against it.”Belichick’s only comment on the interaction was when he was asked whether the interaction was just a couple of guys exchanging holiday greetings. “Yeah, pretty much,” he said.Cornerback Devin McCourty said the team sees Belichick’s emotional side in practice every day. He said the star of the exchange was linebacker Kyle Van Noy LaAdrian Waddle Jersey , who got between their coach and the opposing player.“He jumped in Thielen’s face,” McCourty said. “I love when we get in games like this, when it’s going back and forth. I’ve talked to Thielen a bunch of times off the field, great guy. But everybody’s out there battling.”Thielen said there are no hard feelings on his end.And if Belichick decides to hold a grudge that’s not going to worry him, either.“He can think what he wants about me, and it doesn’t really change how I’m going to play the game,” Thielen said. “He can hate me all he wants. I’m still going to be the same person I am and try to go out and do my best.”The bigger problem for the Vikings (6-5-1) was Thielen’s production.The team’s No. 1 receiver, who averaged more than eight catches and 100 yards in the first 11 games this season, had five catches for 28 yards and a touchdown on Sunday as the Patriots (9-3) double-teamed him for much of the day.Kirk Cousins completed 32 of 44 passes to eight different receivers James Develin Color Rush Jersey , many of them on dump-offs that resulted in just 201 yards passing.“It really was what they were giving us,” coach Mike Zimmer said. “Those are tough situations there. I have some thoughts on things, but I’m not going to share them.”The defeat prevented Minnesota from gaining ground on the NFC North-leading Chicago Bears, who lost 30-27 to the New York Giants earlier Sunday. Pending the outcome of Washington’s game against Philadelphia on Monday night, the Vikings are a half-game out of playoff position.“I feel fine about my team,” Zimmer said. “I think we continue to learn a lot about ourselves. I think we got a good football team, we just got to play better than we did tonight. This one game won’t define us. We’ve got four games left. The season is still in front of us, whatever we want to do.” Gray becomes the 28th member to join the Hall."WhitePatriots News Opinion and Analysis Contribute! FanPostsFanShotsAbout the Site List of Patriots Twitter AccountsWrite For Pats Pulpit!New User Welcome and Commenting GuideCommunity GuidelinesMastheadTopics Patriots Off-Season CoveragePatriots Opinion/AnalysisPatriots NewsPatriots Draft CoverageSportfolio ManagementPatriots NewsLeon Gray gets voted into Patriots Hall of Fame as a senior inducteeNew,4commentsGray becomes the 28th member to join the Hall.EDTShareTweetShareShareLeon Gray gets voted into Patriots Hall of Fame as a senior inducteeEarlier today Lawrence Guy Color Rush Jersey , the voting committee for the New England Patriots Hall of Fame got together to decide on the three finalists for this year’s induction. Before the meeting took place, however, the senior committee convened in order to discuss if a players who has been retired for more than 25 year was worthy of the recognition. The answer is yes: former Patriots offensive tackle Leon Gray will be inducted into the Hall as its 28th member.A third-round draft pick by the Miami Dolphins in 1973, Gray joined the Patriots off waivers that same year and went on to establish himself as one of the best left tackles in football in the mid-70s. Playing alongside Hall of Fame guard John Hannah, the Jackson State product appeared in 80 games for New England over the course of six seasons and was voted to two Pro Bowls (1976, 1978) and one All-Pro team (1978).Gray was an integral member of one of the best offensive lines not only in franchise but arguably also in pro football history: in 1976, Gray and company helped the Patriots average 210.6 rushing yards over the course of the 14-game regular season — a franchise mark that still stands today. The very next year, the unit showed that it was equally dominant in pass blocking by giving up only 14 quarterback sacks.Its most dominant performance, however Drew Bledsoe Jersey , might have come one year after that: in 1978, after the NFL had switched to a 16-game regular season format, Gray and the rest of the Patriots’ offensive line — left guard John Hannah, center Bill Lenkaitis, right guard Sam Adams and right tackle Shelby Jordan — paved the way for an NFL record 3,165 rushing yards. The number still stands undisputed today and will likely never be broken again.Just before the start of the 1979 season, Gray’s tenure with the Patriots came to an abrupt end when the club decided to trade him to the Houston Oilers. He spent three seasons with his new club and was named to the Pro Bowl and All-Pro squads two more times each, before another trade sent him to the New Orleans Saints. Following his second year with the Saints, after the 1983 season https://www.patriotsfanstore.com/David-Andrews-Jersey , the then 32-year-old decided to retire from football.In November 2001 at the age of just 49, Gray passed away. The late standout offensive tackle was a finalist for the Patriots Hall of Fame in both 2013 and 2015 — and has now finally made it as the third former player to get in on a senior ticket: center Jon Morris was voted into the Hall in 2011, defensive tackle Houston Antwine in 2015.

Saltar:     Volver arriba

Sindicalizar este hilo: rss 0.92 Sindicalizar este hilo: rss 2.0 Sindicalizar este hilo: RDF