Moderadores: OMA, pamplina, David, Timmy
Autor Mensaje
bender182
mar 13 nov 2018, 12:47
Miembro registrado #1821
Unido: lun 10 ago 2009, 11:32
Localidad: portugalete
Una entrevista interesante
Mark Knopfler gleams with pride as he shows me around British Grove Studios in a quiet corner of Chiswick in London. In the control room, alongside the main state-of-the-art desk, there are three vintage consoles, one of which was used to record Band on the Run by Wings, lovingly maintained so they’re still in operation. Across the glass in the live room, a studio hand is tidying away the set-up for a film score recorded here, so there’s still a digital counter that keeps time to an nth of a second, rows of comfy-looking headphones for the orchestra, and leads, wires and pre-war microphones restored to great nick, because, according to Knopfler, no microphone records strings better.
“The padding can be flipped around too,” he says, pointing up to sound pads that line the walls. “You’d want the soft side if you were recording Frank Sinatra, or you can turn them around and have a hard sound if you want to rock out.”
If anyone knows how to make a versatile recording space, it’s Knopfler: a self-taught guitarist who went from his childhood home in Newcastle to front Dire Straits, one of the most successful rock bands in British history, before entering a prolific and varied career involve critically acclaimed solo albums, collaboration albums, film scores, writing songs like Tina Turner’s Private Dancer, and a spot of producing if the likes of Bob Dylan or Van Morrison need his magic touch.
Even now, his appetite to learn is apparent. As we move into the second studio, all quality wood and soft lighting, he explains how he’s looking for a jazz guitar tutor to expand his breadth, as if he wasn’t regularly voted one of the greatest guitarists of all time. (“I play like a plumber,” he remarks.)
Speaking with such humility, in a comfortable grey jumper and hair silvery and shorn, you’d never guess he was the same person as the sweatbanded rock star showboating in the Money for Nothing video (the first song played on MTV Europe), nor the same person who this year’s Sunday Times Rich List valued at €80 million.
Not that money matters. Truly, it takes an unblemished soul to refuse continual requests to reform Dire Straits for lucrative sums since their split in 1995.
Formed 18 years previously as an evolution of his former pub band the Café Racers, the group immediately grew interest; the enduring Sultans of Swing was their first release, and they followed it with surprise (Romeo and Juliet) after surprise (Private Investigations, Britain’s most unlikely-sounding number two single).
Then Brothers in Arms happened. With tracks like Money for Nothing and Walk of Life offering no respite from their ubiquity, it eventually racked up sales of 30 million – the same as Nirvana’s Nevermind, to put it in context. If anyone in Europe or US hadn’t heard of them, that changed with Brothers in Arms.
But just one album later, and Mark Knopfler stepped away from the behemoth, preferring to concentrate on his more creatively satisfying solo career.
“I’ve been offered enormous amounts of money to do all that Dire Straits stuff,” he says. “I don’t know how much – I’m not interested in that and I never have been. I’m quite proud of the fact that I’ve never done anything for money, and I’m not starting now. The exception would be if there was an absolute crisis with the studio, if I couldn’t run the ship the way I like to. Otherwise, it’s just a load of old exhaust to me.”
If his Dire Straits heyday is behind him, more exciting is his new release, Down the Road Wherever, recorded in these very studios. His ninth solo album and one which showcases his rootsy rock delivered with the Knopfler coolness, it features the upbeat lead track Good on You Son, plus the intriguingly titled My Bacon Roll.

It turns out the roll represents the disenfranchised part of society that longs for the past.
“The song is basically a Brexit Man in a café,” he explains. “To me, he is a man out of his time. He says: ‘I used to love a bit of folding, just for getting by, a wad of cash, now that’s out of date, and so am I’. Because now people would buy coffee with their card. That’s the modern way. Who carries around a wad of cash anymore? But it’s like being nostalgic for a time before food containers. It’s not something you can stop.”
Elsewhere, Back on the Dance Floor features Imelda May, the latest in a long line of Irish musicians with whom Knopfler has collaborated. He helped Phil Lynott out on his solo albums, and included an Irish contingent of Paul Brady, Dónal Lunny, Máirtín O’Connor, Liam O’Flynn and Seán Keane in his own solo album Golden Heart (Brady and O’Flynn previously played on Mark’s soundtrack for the Irish drama Cal).
“My old friend Paul Brady helped put an outfit of heavyweight, great musicians on Golden Heart,” he says. “That helped me make friends with so many great players. It was a tremendous quartet that I took around with the band. If you love Celtic music, then you feel part-Irish as a musician. Musicians kind of understand it.
“Ireland is full of memories for me. Obviously playing there with Dire Straits was amazing. When we eventually got there, the audiences were manic,” he says, referring to their five-night run in Dublin in 1991, eight years after they last appeared in Ireland.
“I can still remember playing the intro to Romeo and Juliet at the Point, and as I walked up to the mic, before I could sing, someone yelled, ‘A lovestruck Romeo!’ and everybody roared with laughter. The whole place collapsed. I had to laugh, everybody laughed. We had good times there.”
He’ll be returning to the updated version of the same venue when he tours the album next year. But now 69, he’s limiting his time on the road, and he warns it may well grind to a halt after the tour.
“I have more days off on the road now than I used to,” he says. “I used to play six nights a week, but you get to an age where it’s too much strain, so I do three in a row now, and then a night off, as befits an ageing performer.
“I think touring will be the first casualty. I’ll have to stop, like Paul Simon has just stopped. You can understand it, because it takes a lot out of you. So I’ll go on writing, I’ll go on recording if I can, and then maybe just do the odd show.”
Does that mean the 2019 dates will be his last proper tour?
“It might very well be. It will be funny to say goodbye to it, because it’s always been the end of the cycle. But I won’t think about it. I’ll just make a record like I’ve always made, and then when it comes to talking about the tour, I just won’t talk about it.”
Coming off the road is inevitable unless you’re Bob Dylan; a more curious trend among his peers is to approve a biopic. The newly-released Bohemian Rhapsody tells the story of Queen, while Elton John’s biopic Rocketman is due to appear in cinemas at the end of May next year. But not one to revisit past territory, we won’t see a Mark Knopfler-approved Dire Straits biopic any time soon. Even though it’s begging to be titled Walk of Life.
“I’m not very good at nostalgia – that’s my point with My Bacon Roll,” he says. “I don’t like going back to old school reunions. I’m more interested in now.” That might explain why he was notably absent as Dire Straits were inducted into the Rock ’n’ Roll Hall of Fame in April. In the end, former members John Illsley, Alan Clark and Guy Fletcher represented the band. Mark’s brother David Knopfler retracted his attendance when the organisers retracted their offer to cover his travel expenses.
“I can well understand that with only $5 million a year in sponsorships and 100k a table and no fees for the artist that paying my taxi to the airport must have given them heart murmurs,” David wrote on Facebook. The organisers made Dire Straits the first act to be inducted without an induction speech or commemorative performance. Ouch.
Asked to shed light on his absence at an event that prompted the Police, Led Zeppelin and Talking Heads to semi-reunite, he shrugs his shoulders as calm as ever.
“It doesn’t interest me very much,” he says. “And I don’t like being told what to do. They called Paul Crockard [his longtime manager] first. We have the same detectors, and I could tell he wasn’t happy. I think he felt they were dictating the details of how it would run, who should be there, when we should go, how much press to do.
“At that time, I was trying to ride two horses at once: I was writing a musical for Local Hero and trying to make this album, I had plenty to be doing, so it didn’t interest me.
“Also, the name puts me off. Fame is a by-product of success to me. I like that success has enabled me to build this studio, but I don’t know that fame has ever done anything good.”
Aside from touring, Local Hero, the musical, is Knopfler’s main project for 2019. Based on Bill Forsyth’s 1983 film for which he wrote the Bafta-nominated soundtrack, it finally opens at the Royal Lyceum in Edinburgh next March for an initial run.
Knopfler, who was born in Glasgow, says: “I didn’t think I would ever do a musical because I’m not a musical type of a person. I don’t normally get excited about them and it’s not usually my style. But I love the story of Local Hero – it still makes me emotional, and I found I could write songs for the characters.”
So while he may be winding down touring activity soon, with his mental dexterity still evident in his new output – and imminent music lessons – expect to hear new projects from Knopfler in years to come. Just don’t expect a Dire Straits reunion.
bender182
mar 13 nov 2018, 12:53
Miembro registrado #1821
think touring will be the first casualty. I’ll have to stop, like Paul Simon has just stopped. You can understand it, because it takes a lot out of you. So I’ll go on writing, I’ll go on recording if I can, and then maybe just do the odd show.”
Does that mean the 2019 dates will be his last proper tour?
“It might very well be. It will be funny to say goodbye to it, because it’s always been the end of the cycle. But I won’t think about it. I’ll just make a record like I’ve always made, and then when it comes to talking about the tour, I just won’t talk about it

Cada vez lo deja mas claro
bender182
mar 13 nov 2018, 12:58
Miembro registrado #1821
On the 17th of November Mark will be a guest on BBC Radio 4’s Loose Ends at 18.15 hrs and on the 19th of November he will be on the Jools Holland programme, BBC Radio 2 at 21.00 hrs
bender182
mar 13 nov 2018, 12:22
Miembro registrado #1821
Mark Knopfler
Down the Road Wherever
(British Grove/Blue Note)
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
https://americansongwriter.com/2018/11/mark-knopfler-road-wherever/
ter
mar 13 nov 2018, 01:00
Miembro registrado #2192
Unido: lun 24 may 2010, 01:14
Localidad: vigo
El líder de Dire Straits está de vuelta! Después de varios álbumes muy hermosos y muy tranquilos, Mark Knopfler le da un poco de energía a su música y le restaura un poco de energía a su guitarra en su último álbum en solitario "Down the road where", que se lanzará el 16 de noviembre. . ¿Un disco de rock? No del todo, pero un álbum "genial", sin duda.

Un retorno al sonido Dire Straits.
El color se anunció a finales de setiembre primer sencillo: "bueno en usted a su" recuerda inmediatamente "Early Bird" , uno de los bonus tracks del álbum "Get Lucky", lanzado en el año 2009. Pero también sugiere una Se encontró vigor cuando los álbumes anteriores tendían a instalarse en una gente cómoda, pero sin mucha sorpresa. Entonces, ¿un álbum más "rock"?

El video clip de "Good on you son" publicado el 24 de septiembre de 2018, con imágenes de la gira anterior (2015) filmada por Henrick Hansen
Escuchando el álbum más de un mes y medio antes de su lanzamiento, la evidencia está ahí: ¡finalmente estamos sorprendidos por Mark! Después de varios álbumes siempre agradables de escuchar, pero que sonaban un poco demasiado predecibles, Knopfler ronroneó, sin evitar las esperadas baladas populares, los tempos y tonos similares y los mismos sonidos de guitarra. Aquí, nos guste o no, pero lo cierto es que sopla un viento de frescura en su música. Ritmos funky que rara vez escuchamos en casa, atmósferas de jazz íntimas con su voz casi croona, guitarras más potentes que de costumbre, corales bien conservados, coros femeninos también. Partes inusuales de la guitarra que dan una sonrisa, una pequeña esencia de Dire Straits que se cierne ... Sí, ¡es seguro, Mark está de vuelta!

La portada del disco.
La portada del disco
Desde la introducción con "Trapper man" , y su introducción que recuerda la de "Telegraph Road" , estamos inmersos en una atmósfera "americana" bien en ósmosis con la imagen de la portada. El camino es largo y recto, los paisajes se desplazan, la voz nos envuelve y la guitarra canta. Estamos en un terreno familiar, pero con un sentimiento de renovación, gracias a los coros femeninos bastante inusuales para Knopfler.

Pero es en el segundo título, "De vuelta en la pista de baile", que uno siente inmediatamente la mayor modernidad. Salga de los ambientes acústicos-celtas, coloque ritmos marcados, sintetizadores discretos pero presentes, y la guitarra que recuerda las horas del último álbum de Dire Straits en 1991 "On Every Street". Oh, por supuesto, no hay un solo épico, no hay vuelos líricos, pero una atmósfera indescriptible entre "JJ-Calien" relajado y FM de pop-rock de buen gusto.

El segundo sencillo "Back On The Dance Floor", publicado el 1 de noviembre
Un álbum bien equilibrado.
Y luego la sorpresa, las piezas se vinculan con perfecta fluidez. Alternancia de tempos rápidos y lentos, balance entre tonos mayores y menores, complementariedad entre los diferentes estilos musicales: "Nadie hace eso" suena como un funk de los setenta (casi creemos en un guiño a "Superstition" de Stevie Wonder). "Cuando te vas" y "Aprendizaje lento" parecen haber invitado a Chet Baker o Miles Davis a tocar la trompeta. "Drover's road" juega la carta del Celtic ritornello con guitarra saturada (pero esta vez solo en una canción del álbum). En cuanto a "Una canción a la vez" (de los cuales uno de los versos es el título del álbum), la pieza ofrece una melodía pegadiza en la guitarra, duplicada con las flautas, si está presente en los álbumes anteriores, pero que aparecen aquí solo cuando son necesarias, y son aún más apreciados.

Mark Knopfler y su modelo nacional de guitarra "O & quot; desde 1937
Mark Knopfler y su guitarra nacional, modelo "O" de 1937 © DR
De manera similar, la diapositiva de guitarra un poco demasiado presente en "Tracker" tiene un mejor desarrollo, con un sonido más cálido y redondo, que recuerda a Ry Cooder : "Solo un chico lejos de casa" canción singular que comienza en un primo riff de blues el de "muñeca Junkie" (en el álbum "Navegando a Philapdelphia" en 2001) y desvía el alma con cuernos que invitan a la fiesta, antes de una deliciosa final donde boottleneck borda todo La melodía del clásico "Nunca caminarás solo " , himno de los fanáticos del Liverpool.

Porque el texto cuenta la historia de un fanático del club de fútbol. Knopfler siempre ha sobresalido en la escritura de retratos, y este álbum no es una excepción a la regla, incluso si denota un poco más de amargura de lo habitual. Las letras a veces son más personales, como en el jazzy "Aprendizaje lento", donde confiesa un poco la razón de su ausencia: "Soy un estudiante lento, hago todo lentamente". Las otras canciones no son tacaños en tu cáustico o sarcástico. Al igual que en el álbum "En cada calle" ... ¿Le dijiste al estilo Dire Straits?

Mark Knopfler y su guitarra Gibson Les Paul, modelo Signature lanzado en 2016
Mark Knopfler y su guitarra Gibson Les Paul, modelo Signature lanzado en 2016 © DR
Una larga ausencia
Los fans empezaban a impacientarse. Desde el último álbum "Tracker" en marzo de 2015 , y la gira que siguió, Mark Knopfler tenía un pequeño radar desaparecido. Y sin embargo, no podemos decir que permaneció inactivo. A finales de 2016, siguiendo su horario habitual durante unos 20 años, regresó al estudio con su teclista y coproductor Guy Fletcher. Primero trabajó en dos demostraciones, antes de traer a los músicos (incluidos algunos de los Estados Unidos) para continuar el proceso de grabación convencional. Excepto que esta vez tardó más de lo habitual.
Mark Knopfler da instrucciones a los músicos - British Grove Studios, 2017-2018
Mark Knopfler da instrucciones a los músicos - British Grove Studios, 2017-2018 © Guy Fletcher
Y luego comenzó a circular un rumor: Mark Knopfler estaba trabajando en un proyecto "secreto". La especulación iba bien. Algunos vieron el tan esperado álbum en vivo proveniente de fanáticos que desesperan por tener un testimonio público de su carrera en solitario. Otros anunciaron el documental de la gira anterior, filmado por Henrick Hansen, anunciado sin fecha de lanzamiento, pero que se puede ver en el video clip de "Good on you son". Otros todavía imaginaban Dire Straits inéditos o mejor, una reforma del grupo mítico durante 40 años del primer álbum .

Y ahora, a finales de 2017, nos enteramos de que Dire Straits lleva el nombre para ser incluido en el Salón de la Fama del Rock'n'Roll en abril de 2018 . Entonces comenzamos a soñar: ¿y si los cuatro miembros originales se repetían juntos, aunque solo fuera por última vez? Pero es malo conocer al oso Mark Knopfler que odia el brillo y hace todo lo posible para escapar del centro de atención. ¿Problema del ego (s)? ¿Las rupturas aún no se han digerido con ex miembros del grupo, incluido su hermano? ¿Peleas por el uso del nombre "Dire Straits" por antiguos miembros del grupo reformados dentro de una banda tributo? Intercambios de palabras asesinas en "Terminal of Tribute To" ¿Contra Alan Clark? Cualquiera sea la razón, el líder de la banda no asiste a la ceremonia en abril, y John Illsley, Alan Clark y Guy Fletcher recibirán el premio durante una inducción de sabor amargo y Menos estropeado a los ojos de muchos fanáticos: la última aparición pública de la banda Dire Straits no dejará un rastro memorable en la historia del rock. Es una lástima.

La ceremonia de presentación de Dire Straits en el Salón de la Fama del Rock'n'Roll, 14 de abril de 2018, con John Illsley, Guy Fletcher y Alan Clark.
Al mismo tiempo, el guitarrista participó esporádicamente en sesiones para otros artistas:

El 28 de octubre de 2016, participó en la gala otorgada por el 80 cumpleaños de Bill Wyman. Toca una canción inédita "Playtime Deluxe" , y también un dúo con Van Morrison .
Enero de 2017: Pieta Brown, "Street Tracker"
Marzo de 2017: Dan Auerbach, "Shine On Me"
Mayo de 2017: The Killers, "Han escrito todas las canciones"
Octubre de 2017: Tommy Emmanuel, "No quieres conseguirte uno de esos" (pieza compuesta por Knopfler). El álbum se edita a principios de año 2018.

Una gira y un musical.

En février 2018, le mystère est enfin levé, et contre toute attente, un spectacle musical, tiré du film "Local Hero" (sorti en 1983) est annoncé pour une première à Édimbourg au printemps 2019. La musique en avait déjà été composée par Knopfler.

Le teaser de la comédie musicale "Local Hero", prévue pour le printemps 2019
Une grande première pour le guitariste. D’autres artistes pop-rock comme Sting par exemple s’y sont essayés. Exercice difficile et risqué. Mark Knopfler va-t-il surprendre ou décevoir ?

El cartel del espectáculo.
L'affiche du spectacle
Mes titres sont faits pour être joués en live. J’aime toutes les parties du processus : la composition, l’enregistrement avec le groupe et finalement la prestation en live pour le public. C’est la meilleure partie ! J’aime tout le cirque qui va avec : voyager de ville en ville, l’interaction avec toute l’équipe. C’est un vrai plaisir. Je suis vraiment impatient d’y être !

Mark Knopfler

L'année 2019 s'annonce chargée pour l'auteur-compositeur-chanteur-guitariste :
le 25 avril, moins d'une semaine après la fin des représentations de ce spectacle, débutera une tournée avec le nouvel album, d'abord en Europe jusqu'à fin juillet, puis de l'autre côté de l'Atlantique en août et septembre.

MARK KNOPFLER SERA EN TOURNÉE EN 2019, AVEC 7 DATES EN FRANCE :

• 6 mai 2019 : Bordeaux (Arkea arena)
• 7 mai 2019 : Toulouse (Zénith)
• 12 mai 2019 : Strasbourg (Zénith )
• 17 juin 2019 : Paris (AccorHotels)
• 19 juin 2019 : Lyon (Halle Tony Garnier)
• 14 juillet 2019 : St Julien en Genevois (Festival Guitare en Scène)
• 15 juillet 2019 : Nîmes (Arènes) Toutes les dates sur le site officiel.

Toutes les dates sur le site officiel
Comme pour les tournées précédentes, les concerts seront disponibles à l’achat en format clés USB.

Avis aux amateurs : il a annoncé dans une récente interview pour la radio norvégienne que cette tournée pourrait bien être sa dernière. En tout cas il réfléchit à la question. Pas si surprenant que ça quand on sait qu’il aura 70 ans en août prochain.

INFORMACION PRACTICA
Mark Knopfler - "Down the road where" (Mercury) - 16 de noviembre
Sitio web oficial de Mark Knopfler
SIGUE NUESTRA PÁGINA DE FACEBOOK.

SUSCRÍBETE A NUESTRO BOLETÍN.
Todos los días a las 18h, las noticias y videos que no deben perderse!
Tu direccion de correo electronico
EL EDITOR TE RECOMIENDA
Say Straits en Madrid el 3 de junio de 1985: John Illsley y Mark Knopfler
Redescubre Dire Straits, un grupo inscrito en el Salón de la Fama del Rock and Roll
Say Straits es uno de los grupos nombrados para ingresar al Salón de la Fama de Rock'n'roll el día 14 ...

Mark Knopfler sale de gira con "Tracker" y un álbum ... tranquilo
El Salón de la Fama del Rock and Roll da la bienvenida a Nina Simone, Bon Jovi y Dire Straits
El sitio web de Mark Knopfler
música

música pop

roca
TODAS LAS NOTICIAS MÚSICA
Pierre Perret en 2016.
"Humor Freedom", el homenaje de Pierre Perret a sus amigos de Charlie Hebdo.
Hubert-Félix Thiéfaine celebra con sus fans sus "40 años de canciones" en gira - DIJON
Gaëtan Roussel en gira: opinión de "Trafic" para cantante y también escritor - LA ROCHELLE
Johnny Hallyday: sus mayores piden congelar algunas de las regalías
LIVE ROCK
ter
mar 13 nov 2018, 01:02
Miembro registrado #2192
Unido: lun 24 may 2010, 01:14
Localidad: vigo
Otra buena critica ahora en francia
bender182
mié 14 nov 2018, 02:51
Miembro registrado #1821
mark ,ha estado esta mañana en un programa de la BBC. Una pequeña entrevista dicen no hay video no ha tocado nada hay alguna captura
https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=6451.15
bender182
mié 14 nov 2018, 04:55
Miembro registrado #1821
video de la entrevista
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHY6w2QBZv8
bender182
mié 14 nov 2018, 06:47
Miembro registrado #1821
Mas reviews y positivas
https://www.welt.de/kultur/pop/article183840650/Mark-Knopflers-neues-Album-Das-ist-fast-schon-tanzbar.html
http://www.elmoremagazine.com/2018/11/reviews/albums/mark-knopfler-down-the-road-wherever
bender182
mié 14 nov 2018, 10:02
Miembro registrado #1821
este le pone 5 estrellas
https://www.readjunk.com/reviews/albumreviews/mark-knopfler-down-the-road-wherever/

https://www.dailyherald.com/article/20181114/entlife/311149929/

este le da 4 de 5 estrellas
https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/mark-knopfler-down-the-road-wherever-review-he-s-the-sultan-of-storytelling-1.3696547

Ir a la página       >>   

Saltar:     Volver arriba

Sindicalizar este hilo: rss 0.92 Sindicalizar este hilo: rss 2.0 Sindicalizar este hilo: RDF